Last week was full of “firsts!” The biggest one of all was Abigail’s FIRST day of school! She started preschool and absolutely loves it! I intended to drop her off for just a few hours, but another American kid wasn’t having a good morning (it was his first day too), so the administrator thought it might help him feel better if Abigail stayed through the afternoon nap time, closer to the time he was going to go home. I agreed to try it, but that they should call me if she got at all upset, wanting me or to go home… never heard from them. In fact, when I got there to pick her up (six hours later), she didn’t want to leave! She went every day last week, and each day was the same: “Abigail, are you ready to go home?” “No.” I guess all those kids are more fun than I am – imagine! :) It’s a bilingual, mostly Hungarian school. There are 15 children in her class, with three teachers. Two teachers are native Hungarian speakers; one is native English-speaking – she’s from Indiana! They alternate between English and Hungarian lessons; so, we expect her to be fluent by the end of the month… (kidding, of course).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment