Monday, January 12, 2009

First Tropicarium Trip

We also took our first trip to the Tropicarium, Budapest’s version of the Dallas World Aquarium (only smaller… everything really is bigger in Texas!). It was a real treat for Abigail. She loved the snakes, fish and bugs – ick! The coolest, er most unnerving, thing was standing within striking distance of a live alligator. Of course, there was a fence, but I swear he was looking at me like I was dinner! The next best thing was the stingray petting tank. We stood there for quite a while, waiting for those gray gliders to come close enough to feel… then finally, Abigail and I both got to touch one – yay! We also really enjoyed the “underwater tunnel,” where the sharks swim right over your head. Of course, we had to top off the trip with a dolphin balloon and ice cream!

No comments: