Happy 4th of July! Ours was a busy “holiday”… Lee watched the girls while I prepped things for a gathering that afternoon. Lee left around noon for a baseball game two hours away. The girls and I continued getting things ready (and it wasn’t even at our place!). I marinated chicken, made “blueberry cookies” and mini apple pastries, and prepped our patriotic clothing. Then, because Lee had the car, the girls and I took a tram, rode a bus and walked a while to get to a party in the Buda hills! It was worth all the effort. The girls looked ADORABLE, and I wore my favorite/only red shoes (even though they gave me some rather painful blisters). I didn’t get to visit with anyone very much, while keeping up with Elizabeth on her usual “walking tour” of wherever we happen to be. Abigail had a blast, and Lee even showed up later to hang out and give his exhausted family a ride home. What a good man. (Poor guy... he didn’t really have a choice, because I had the only key to the maximum-security lock on our front door!) It was a beautiful place to be on a picture-perfect day, with some great American friends! Thanks, Monique, for inviting us! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment